Setting Extended Attributes REST

Is there an example of how to add extended attributes when creating a thread with the rest api?

According to the documentation the type is RestExtendedAttribute but I can't find any example of how this would be sent. 

Parents
  • This isn't documented well because ExtendedAttributes are somewhat of a legacy feature due to its fragility and lack of security. However, you can add/update Extended Attributes using the syntax:

__ExtendedAttributes_<FieldName> = "<FieldValue>"

you can set <FieldValue> to an empty string to delete the ExtendedAttribute.

Edit: there should be two underscores at the beginning.

• I will make a note to update our documentation to include this information.

To clarify a few points above:

What i mean by lack of security is that there should be no expectation of security for any information stored in ExtendedAttributes. They come back in all List and Get calls for any content that supports them, so no personally identifiable or sensitive information should be stored there.

Second, we have no plans to deprecate/obsolete ExtendedAttributes, and they are perfectly upgrade safe in terms of storage/retrieval. We would still recommend that any robust functionality implementation (eg, anything that requires filtering or searching) that relies on ExtendedAttributes should consider using a custom data store instead.

• I will make a note to update our documentation to include this information.

To clarify a few points above:

What i mean by lack of security is that there should be no expectation of security for any information stored in ExtendedAttributes. They come back in all List and Get calls for any content that supports them, so no personally identifiable or sensitive information should be stored there.

Second, we have no plans to deprecate/obsolete ExtendedAttributes, and they are perfectly upgrade safe in terms of storage/retrieval. We would still recommend that any robust functionality implementation (eg, anything that requires filtering or searching) that relies on ExtendedAttributes should consider using a custom data store instead.

Children