Show site role in forum thread replies

Hi

Is it possible to show a site role against someone's name when replying to a forum thread? I would like an employee icon or indicator next to someone's name, so that you know you are speaking to someone from the company. I know people can hover over the username, and the pop-up shows all the roles that someone has, but that is not immediately obvious to all users.

Thanks

Oli

Parents Reply
  • I can't think of any option that would not require some work.  A couple off the top of my head.

Add an Employee banner to every employee's avatar.  No code change but would require someone to edit everyone's avatar image and apply the employee banner to each one.  Also have to maintain this over time.

Do something similar to how the User-Hover works.  Locked footer widget that scans the pages and looks for instances to add the employee banner.  This would require some dev work, but would not edit any existing widgets.  Some time to get it all working, but little maintenance going forward, just checking that there are no issues after an upgrade.

Children