Developing with IActivityStoryType

Hi,

We are currently hooking our intranet pages (external to Telligent) so that users can add comments to them.

Part of the requirements is to link an activity story to the content item of the intranet page.

So far I have achieved this by using:

_storyController.Create()

The problem I now have is that every time  a new comment is added a new Activity Story is created and linked to the same content item.

I've seen that there is an update method but I need to provide it with a StoryId. Is there away of getting the StoryId associated to a content item?

Version 10.0.2

Parents
  • You would have to share your code, if you are constantly calling create then yes, this would be expected.   There are APIs to get activity stories to see if they exist.

But I am not sure I understand your use case entirely.  Are you trying to show comments on external pages?  

• Currently we have an external intranet system that hosts corporate news articles and we have enabled the users to comment on these news articles by storing these comments in Telligent using your APIs.

These comments are created, displayed and edited from the external pages. However the stake holder would like an activity story to appear in the activity stream as well.

I'm still in the process of coding up the NewsActivityStory module (dll file to be dropped into the bin file of the Telligent server), so can't really post the code just yet.

What are these APIs you're referring to, to check if stories exist?

• Currently we have an external intranet system that hosts corporate news articles and we have enabled the users to comment on these news articles by storing these comments in Telligent using your APIs.

These comments are created, displayed and edited from the external pages. However the stake holder would like an activity story to appear in the activity stream as well.

I'm still in the process of coding up the NewsActivityStory module (dll file to be dropped into the bin file of the Telligent server), so can't really post the code just yet.

What are these APIs you're referring to, to check if stories exist?

Children