Can't upload any file using the editor.

Last week we found an issue in our Development environments. A user was trying to upload a .jpg file using a Wiki Application but wasn't allow it. We tried different extensions like .gif, .pdf but no luck at all. The message that we receive all the time is: "The file or URL is not allowed to be inserted." We are running Telligent 10.1.6.9599, but I don't think that's related with the version, we have another environment were we have 10.1.4.8853 running and we have the same behavior.

I was trying to have more details about this, and I found a couple of things:

• Initially, looking at the console of the browser, I can see that the file was uploaded to the FS: {"url":"/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-components-multipleuploadfilemanager/d1ab0b0a_2D00_9ac8_2D00_497f_2D00_b760_2D00_1e7520c9e483-2100-complete/Capture.JPG"} Navigating to that path in the actual FS I can see the file there.
  • However, in the next action, there is the error that is presented to the user: {error: "The file or URL is not allowed to be inserted."

I looked at Moderation/Files and the default extensions are enabled. I went also to the specific application on Application/Wikis/Attachments and same thing, all the default extensions are enabled. Just in case, I re-saved it in all those two. 

I checked in other applications like Blogs and Forums and I can replicate the same issue. I went to the server where we have our File Storage and re-applied the Write permissions to the proper user but still no luck. Any thoughts?

Parents
  • Was this resolved? I'm seeing the same thing - all the above settings list the filetype (.png or .jpg), it's permitted by content filtering, logged in as admin, filestore can be written to. No custom plugins enabled. Nothing in the exception log/ event logs and just this unhelpful error message.

• Hi Luke, for my case, I've applied everything that was suggested here but still wasn't working, however there were one key thing to be added. This was happening in all of my testing environments and all of them contains  a .local in the URL. Per Telligent's communication to one of my managers they said: "In 10.1.2, there was an anti-phishing feature introduced to prevent sites using ".local" addresses from being vulnerable to attacks" So, in order to make it work in my environments, I had to enabled a setting in Filtering called "Allow local network addresses". With that feature enable, I can upload images now. Hope this helps.

• Hi Luke, for my case, I've applied everything that was suggested here but still wasn't working, however there were one key thing to be added. This was happening in all of my testing environments and all of them contains  a .local in the URL. Per Telligent's communication to one of my managers they said: "In 10.1.2, there was an anti-phishing feature introduced to prevent sites using ".local" addresses from being vulnerable to attacks" So, in order to make it work in my environments, I had to enabled a setting in Filtering called "Allow local network addresses". With that feature enable, I can upload images now. Hope this helps.

Children