Dates not returning null

After our upgrade to 10.1.5 I have noticed a change.

Before, in version 9.2, whenever I pulled in the LastVisitedDate from a user profile, if the user has never visited after their account creation (null value in SQL), then it also returned null.

Now running the same scripts, then it returns 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM.

Is this by design, or is it a bug?

Parents
  • Maybe it was like this in 10.0 and 10.2, but it was not working like this in 9.2.

It's a bit annoying, as I had a widget checking on the field being null. Right now I'm having a bit of trouble checking this date.

I'm trying with:

#if ($user.LastVisitedDate == false) || ($user.LastVisitedDate > '0001-1-1 00:00:00.000')

Also tried with '1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM'. But it doesn't work. Any suggestions regarding a workaround?

And still wondering why it would set it to the birthday of Jesus. I'm using the code together with FormatAgoDate = telling the user last visited more than 2017 years ago!

• There must be a 'good reason for it' but I am not aware of it. I've vented in the past more than once that those kinda changes should be checked with us. Most of us here have deep knowledge and also know the impact of those changes.

In this case I have no answer to your particlar question.  I'll ask my dev today

Reply Children
No Data