What Permission is needed to attach a file to a Comment?

version 10.1.7414 - I can do it as an admin, but a regular user gets error - "Only know URLs and the following file extensions are allowed: bmp, doc docx, etc"  Please select a valid fiel for enter a valid URL 

File size is not the issue.

Parents
  • The error would indicate the users are uploading a file with an extension that is not allowed on the site.

Administrators by default will have "Bypass Validation" permissions, that is why they do not receive this message.  Regular users by default are limited to allowed file extensions and file sizes.  The file extensions allowed are defined in the administration panel.

Globally under Moderation files and for each application in the Applications section of administration.  The application lists can not add new extensions, they can only limit the global list further for that application (i.e. if pdf is not allowed in the global list, they will not be allowed if added to the Blog application).

• The error would indicate the users are uploading a file with an extension that is not allowed on the site.

Administrators by default will have "Bypass Validation" permissions, that is why they do not receive this message.  Regular users by default are limited to allowed file extensions and file sizes.  The file extensions allowed are defined in the administration panel.

Globally under Moderation files and for each application in the Applications section of administration.  The application lists can not add new extensions, they can only limit the global list further for that application (i.e. if pdf is not allowed in the global list, they will not be allowed if added to the Blog application).

Children