The Control Panel contains all administrative and management functions of Zimbra Community. The administrative user, by default, is the only user with access to the full Control Panel (because the role has been granted the Site - Access Control Panel permission). Other roles have access to portions of the Control Panel for administration and management of particular groups or applications and, with Zimbra Community's flexible permissions system, you can customize access to the Control Panel as appropriate for your community.
Note: There is no inheritance for Control Panel settings. For example if community-wide setting changes are made for blogs, these will apply only to new blogs created after the change is made. No existing blogs would be affected.
Those with access to the Control Panel see a Control Panel link on every page on the site and can return to the site via the Go to Site link in the top-right corner of the Control Panel pages.
In the Control Panel, you can:
- Keep up with the latest announcements from Zimbra
- View your version of Zimbra Community
- Edit site settings (Site Administration)
- Create, modify, or delete users and manage roles and permissions (Membership Administration)
- Create, modify, delete groups; manage applications and permissions within a group, or customize the look and feel of the group's home and application pages (Group Administration)
- Manage content, settings, permissions or presentation of specific blogs; create a new blog, or delete a blog ([[Blog Administration)
- Manage content, settings, permissions or presentation of specific forums; create a new forum, or delete a forum (Forum Administration)
- Moderate forums and review thread statistics (Forums Moderation)
- Manage content, settings and permissions of specific wikis, or create a new wiki (Wiki Administration)
- Manage content, settings and permissions of file galleries (Media Gallery Administration)
As you navigate through the Control Panel, you can always return to the main Dashboard by clicking the Dashboard tabbed menu item or the Dashboard link in the breadcrumb.
You can also hover over the Dashboard tab to see a drop-down list of links for easy navigation.