- Group avatars
- Parent group
- Group type
- Enable contact form
Group owners - not only administrators - can move a group by changing its parent group. Group owners can also change a group's type, such as from a Public type (open or closed) to a Private type (listed or unlisted), effectively changing the group's public content to private or vice versa.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Group Administration > Groups > Groups > <group name> > Edit > Group Options.
Modify any of the settings on the Group Options page except the group URL.
- Name - Unique name of the group. The name can contain any number of characters including spaces.
- Group avatar - Displays the group avatar. The Change avatar link is enabled if permitted by the default settings on the Default Presentation page. Click Change avatar to upload a group avatar or select one of the available avatars.
- URL - URL used to navigate to the group home page. If you do not enter a URL, we automatically assign a unique URL for the group based on the group's name. After the group is created, you should not change the URL because it will affect any links to the group.
- Description - Describes the group. The description displays on the group home page, on every page within the group, and on any group lists. Descriptions are limited to 256 characters and do not support HTML.
- Group type - Specifies the type of group you are adding.
- Parent group - Group to which the new group belongs. If you select Site Root, your new group will be at the top level of the group hierarchy.
- Enable contact form - Enables the Group - Contact widget.This activates the Contact Group Owner link in the Group - Links widget. Also, the Group - Contact widget will now show wherever it's enabled (on http://sitename/group/contact.aspx). This field is only present for joinful groups.
Enable Messages - Enables group members to create new status messages on the Quick Post widget. This option is enabled by default when you create the group.
Click Save to apply the settings.