Adds support for identifying links to users and rendering an informational pop-up when users hover on these links.
This widget only displays information chosen in the widget's configuration (below) if the user has filled in the same field on his/her profile.
This widget is meant to be placed in the site footer.
You don't normally have to enable or place the widget. It can be removed by a site admin, but not by a group or blog admin.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
Note: The only place you can change configuration options for this widget is the site home page footer. All other pages' User - Hover widgets inherit settings from that widget.
- Click Edit Page, then select Edit Footer.
- Select and place the User - Hover widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
While the User - Hover options are context-sensitive, for example the ability to add him/her as a friend, you can select up to two informational fields that appear on the hover when appropriate:
- AOL IM
- Google IM
- Office phone
- Windows Live IM
- Yahoo IM
- Public email
- Move the selected user profile fields from the available column to the selected column (or vice versa to deselect fields) using the > and < arrow keys.
- Order the selected fields using the up and down arrow keys beside the Selected Fields column.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Footer.
- Click SavePage.