In release 8.0, the Site - User Navigation and User - Notifications widgets were consolidated into the Site - Banner widget.
Provides site-level navigation for users.
This widget works in the site-level header section when editing. By placing it in the site level header, you ensure that users can view this widget on all pages.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page.
- Click Edit Header.
- Select and place the Site - Banner widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- You can configure the following items:
- Widget title - You can change this widget's title, such as from "Site - User Navigation" to "User Navigation Links," by clicking Change and entering the new name in the Widget Title field.
- Logo - Navigate to an image that will be included in the banner sitewide.
- Site navigation -
- Include All Group Navigation - Includes the following: Notifications, Inbox, Bookmarks, User, Invite a member, Profile, Settings, Sign out. Please see the list below for descriptions.
- Include Accessing User's Group Navigation - Includes groups for the accessing user.
- Exclude - Can be used to exclude: Notifications, Inbox, Bookmarks, User, Invite a member, Profile, Settings, Sign out. Please see the list below for descriptions. Typically you might use the "Exclude" option if you are configuring site navigation on the Navigation widget.
- Include Custom Navigation -
- Custom navigation items - Add, edit, or delete custom navigation items. This functionality is described in Configure the Navigation widget.
- User links - Includes the following: Notifications, Inbox, Bookmarks, User, Invite a member, Profile, Settings, Sign out. Please see the list below for descriptions.
- User Links
You can use the drag-and-drop functionality to manually re-order the items in the list, affecting how they are displayed on the finished page. Options for configuration include:
- Bookmarks - A list of bookmarks the user has created.
- User - Links to the user's avatar and a link to his/her user profile.
- Invite a member - See the limitation above about when this link works.
- Inbox - Displays a (list, link) (of, to) the user's conversations.
- Notifications - Provides notifications of likes, other comments on content you commented on, mentions, and friendship notifications. The Notifications tab does not display group mentions.
- Profile - Links to the user's profile.
- Settings - Links to the user's site settings.
- Displays a list of groups containing bookmarks or, if you click View all the bookmarks tab in the user's profile.
- Sign in - Visible only if the user is signed out.
- Sign out - Visible only if the user is signed in.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save and exit the header.
- Click Save Page.