Table of Contents
In releases prior to 8.0, this widget was called Featured Content.
Displays a slider of featured content or custom widget-defined items for the current group and child groups.
You need to have content marked for being featured in order for it to appear on the widget.
This widget works on site home pages, group home pages, application pages, and post pages.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, select and place the Featured Content Slider widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- Click Options.
- Enter the following information:
- Widget Title - If you want to assign a different title to this widget, click Change and enter the new title.
- Featured content items to display - The number of featured items that will be displayed in the slider. This value defaults to 5.
- Transition slides - Select from the following options:
- Automatically and manually- The slider will return to hidden position after a period of time, or can be hidden manually.
- Manually - The slider can be hidden manually.
- Slide duration - Length (in milliseconds) to display each slide when automatically transitioning. This value defaults to 4000.
- Background color - Enter the hex value of the desired background color.
- Foreground color - Enter the hex value of the desired foreground color.
- Custom features - Select from the following options; "custom features" refer to items configured in the Custom Feature 1 and so on tabs. Note that custom features are defined by this widget instance and are separate from site content marked to be featured.
- Include custom features only if there is no featured content
- Exclude custom features
- Only show custom features
- Include custom features before custom content
- Include custom features after custom content
- Add a shadow to overlaid text - If enabled, adds a shadow to text.
- To configure a custom feature, whose primary function is to display an image file:
- Click the tab for the desired custom feature, such as Custom Feature 1. The custom feature dialog window appears.
- In the Image field, click Browse to navigate to the desired image.
- In the Background color field, enter the hex value of the background color you desire.
- In the Foreground color field, enter the hex value of the foreground color you desire.
- In the Title field, enter the title you want to assign to the uploaded image.
- In the URL field, enter the url to assign to this image page.
- In the Description field, enter the description you want to appear with this image.
- For the Add a shadow to overlaid text check box, select this box if you want to add a shadow to the text.
- Click Save.