If you customize your site, you can return it to the out-of-the-box defaults if necessary. In this case, you would completely wipe a site's theme back to the out-of-the-box installation - discarding any customizations that a site administrator, group owner, blog author, or individual might have made to any pages on the site.
To revert a site theme to out-of-the-box defaults:
- Import the site, group, and blog themes from the FullThemes folder of the installation package.
- Navigate to Control Panel > System administration > Site administration > Site content > Site theme.
- Click Revert at the bottom of the page. The Revert theme options dialog window appears.
- In the first line of the dialog window ("Revert ___ page layouts in this theme to ___..."), select core in the first drop-down list. Select factory defaults in the second drop-down list of this line. As a result the line should read, "Revert core page layouts in this theme to factory defaults for the following pages." This command will revert the pages shipped out of the box with themes, but not content pages.
- In the second line of the dialog window ("Revert ___ in this theme to___..."), select "headers and footers" and "factory defaults" ("revert headers and footers to factory defaults") will revert the headers and footers.
- In the third line, leave "Revert configuration data" checked.
- If it is present, in the fourth line of the dialog window ("Revert configured theme files"), ensure that all check boxes are checked.
- Click Revert.