Table of Contents
With release 8.0, search has been changed in the following ways:
- Search is always available
- Search context is always visible
- Search lists possibly relevant threads as you type
- Preset filters for results
- Enhanced advanced search result display
With this release, a static header always appears while the user scrolls up or down the page. This header contains the site name, groups icon, search bar, and personal icons.
In previous releases, search was performed over the site by default (with the ability to filter the results). Release 8.0 adds context-sensitive search that recognizes what context it's being used in (such as a specific group or application) and returns results based on it. For example, people search assumes your context is the entire community.
Additionally, the results can be filtered by other parameters (application, group, content or everywhere).
When typing a search in the context of a forum, Zimbra Community returns possible threads that might have already answered your question, or might provide the needed information.
When a user types a term into the search field, Zimbra Community displays the search results along with filter buttons. These include the current context (such as the group name), Content, Groups, and People buttons. Clicking any of these buttons will narrow down the results to only that aspect. For example, the following screen capture shows a search for "test0002." Clicking the People filter will return the username test0002. Clicking Content will return content the user has authored.
When a user types a search term into the search field and presses Enter, the results are displayed with the Advanced Search options. Using the previous search example, entering the search term "test0002" and pressing Enter will return the result with the following drop-down parameters:
- Relevancy - Most relevant, Most recent, Alphabetical, and Highest Rating.
- Content type - Blogs, Comments, Users, Wikis, Forums, Challenges, Files, Groups, Ideas, and Statuses.
- Location - Anywhere or group names.
- Author -Usernames.
- Recency - Any time, In the past week, In the past month, In the past year.
With release 8.0, Zimbra Community supports performing wildcard searches using question (?) or asterisk (&) for people and groups.
- If you want to search for multiple instances of a #hashtag, @mention, or textual references, you can simply type them into the search field.
- Typing a #hashtag term or @mention term (for example, #bryce @janeadams) into the search field will yield all results that contain those two terms. You can't get a list of all tags by typing # into the search field. Instead, use the Tag Cloud widget.
- Just typing two textual words into the search field will yield results containing those text references or #hashtag references (for example, typing #bryce canyon).