You can set the permissions for roles on the Control Panel's media gallery Permissions page.
To set media gallery permissions:
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Media Gallery Administration > Galleries and Groups > Media Galleries > [gallery name] > Edit > Permissions.
- Select a role from the Role drop-down list. The default permissions assigned to the role at the group level appear in the Granted permission list.
The Available permissions box lists permissions that can be assigned to the role within the media gallery context. The Granted permissions box reflects the group-level permissions already granted to the role in the gallery context.
- Set the media gallery permissions:
- Gallery - Attach Local Files - Role can upload and attach files to a post.
- Gallery - Attach Remote Files - Role can link to media hosted on a separate server.
- Gallery - Bypass Moderation - Posts created by the role are automatically approved and do not require moderation.
- Gallery - Create Comments - Role can comment on gallery files.
- Gallery - Create Posts - Role can upload files to this gallery.
- Gallery - Delete Comments - Role can delete comments.
- Gallery - Delete Posts - Role can delete gallery files.
- Gallery - Download Files - Role can download files from the gallery.
- Gallery - Moderate - Role can approve posts and manage spam.
- Gallery - Edit Settings - Role can edit the settings for this media gallery.
- Gallery - Edit Posts - Role can edit all files in the media gallery.
- Gallery - Bypass Validation - Role can bypass file type (extension) restrictions when uploading files (depends on Media Gallery - Attach Local Files permission).
- Gallery - Rate Posts - Role can rate media gallery's posts.
- Gallery - Read Content - Role can access and read media gallery content.
- Click Save to apply the settings.