You can set the permissions for roles on the Control Panel's forum Permissions page.
To set forum permissions:
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Forum Administration > Forums and Groups > Forums (forum name) > Edit > Permissions.
- Select a role from the Role drop-down list. The default permissions assigned to the role at the group level appear in the Granted permission list.
The Available permissions box lists permissions that can be assigned to the role within the forum context. The Granted permissions box reflects the group-level permissions already granted to the role in the forum context.
- Assign permissions to the role by moving them from the left panel to the right panel with the arrow buttons:
- Forum - Attach Local Files - Role can upload and attach files to a post.
- Forum - Attach Remote Files - Role can link to media hosted on a separate server.
- Forum - Bypass Moderation - Posts created by the role are automatically approved and do not require moderation.
- Forum - Create Polls - Role can create reader polls for forum posts.
- Forum - Create Threads - Role can create new threads.
- Forum - Edit Settings - Role can edit the settings for this forum.
- Forum - Edit Posts - Role can edit post he/she did or did not author.
- Forum - Post Replies - Role can reply to threads.
- Forum - Delete Posts - Role can delete forum posts.
- Forum - Mark Post as Answer - Role can mark a forum reply as an answer.
- Forum - Moderate - Role can approve posts and manage spam.
- Forum - Bypass Validation - Role can bypass file type (extension) restrictions when uploading files (depends on Forums - Attach Local Files permission).
- Forum - Mark Post as Sticky - Role can create new forum posts as sticky posts that are listed first. Also can lock a post to prevent replies.
- Forum - Mark Post as Announcement - Role can create posts as announcements.
- Forum - Rate Posts - Role can rate forum posts.
- Forum - Read Content - Role can access and read forum thread content and associated tags.
- Click Save to apply the settings.
- Add a forum
- Default site, group, and application permissions for roles
- Permissions defined - Contains the database IDs of these permissions.