By default, Zimbra Community:
- Tracks visits by internal roles with cookies that expire after a specified period.
- Tracks visits by anonymous users with cookies that expire after a specified period.
To configure visit tracking parameters for members and anonymous visitors:
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Membership Administration > Configuration > Cookie and Anonymous Settings.
- Configure the following settings:
- Roles Cookie Enabled - If you select yes, the site keeps track of visitor roles in an cookie with an encrypted string.
- Track Anonymous Users - If you select yes, forums track anonymous users by their IP addresses.
- Roles Cookie Name - The cookie used to keep track of visits by roles.
- Cookie path - The location path of site cookies.
- Roles Cookie Expiration - Minutes the role cookie is retained on the site.
- Anonymous Cookie Name - The cookie used to keep track of visits by anonymous users.
- Anonymous Cookie Expiration - Minutes the anonymous cookie is retained on the site.
- Cookie Domain - If desired, create cookies that are insensitive to the domain, or if your community spans multiple subdomains, specify your subdomain in this field. Its default islocalhost.
- Anonymous User Online Window - Minutes after which anonymous cookies expire.
- Click Save.