The registration experience can be customized by adding profile fields you create on the new user registration form. When you add customized fields, you can choose:
- What fields to present on the form.
- Which order fields are presented in.
- Whether fields are required.
To customize the site registration form:
- Define any custom profile field you want to capture, including whether or not it's searchable.
- Navigate to any user-related page, such as the user profile.
- Enter Edit Page mode.
- Click Select page.
- Select the user-createuser page in the Select Page drop-down list.
- Click Edit selected page.
- Click the User - Login and Create widget's configuration icon.
- Choose the profile field you just added in the widget's configuration. The list of available profile fields, including the one you created, appears.
- Choose whether each selected field will be required for registration by selecting its Required check box.
- Click Save in the widget configuration dialog box. The profile field will appear on the widget in Edit Page mode. An asterisk next to an added field indicates it is mandatory for registration.
- Click Save as Default in the Edit Page mode page.
From this point on, users will be asked to enter this profile information upon registering on the site. If you checked a field's Required check box, they will be required to do so.