- I have a previous edition of a Telligent product and would like to upgrade to Zimbra Community 8.0. How do I do this?
- I have Community Server 2008 Professional Edition. Can I upgrade to Zimbra Community 8.0?
- When is Zimbra publishing details about future versions of its products?
- I bought a license in the past without assurance/maintenance. Can I buy that now?
- I am an 501(c) 3 non-profit - are there discounts available?
- Can a demo license be used in production environments?
- Is a license required for staging and/or developers?
- Are add-ons licensed separately?
- How are security modules licensed? Do I still have to pick one?
- Is licensing different for virtual machines?
- Are there any restrictions when running on Amazon’s EC2 (or other) cloud computing grid?
- Do we need to license fail-over servers?
- Are licenses transferable?
- Does Zimbra offer a free edition of its products?
- Is Graffiti CMS included with my Zimbra Community license purchase?
- Can I resell your products?
Customers who have a previous version of a Telligent product and are current on their maintenance and support agreements are eligible to upgrade to Zimbra Community 8.0 for no additional licensing cost. Please contact Zimbra to begin this process.
Yes, customers who are current on maintenance and support are eligible to upgrade to a similar edition of Zimbra Community 8.0 for no additional licensing cost. Please contact Zimbra Support.
Zimbra will continue providing ongoing enhancements to our platform, but due to the competitive market and ongoing research and development, we do not publish product road map in advance.
Please contact Zimbra Support.
Zimbra is a supporter of 501(c) 3 non-profit organizations. For licensing, please contact Zimbra Sales and ask about 501(c) 3 nonprofit discounts.
The demo license only permits users to test and evaluate the software on a local server. Use of the demo license in a production environment is prohibited. The demo license may be used for testing and development purposes.
Yes, all uses of Zimbra’s software require a license in order to function. For development or staging environments, we recommend working with the Zimbra Sales team to determine the appropriate number of licenses necessary.
Zimbra offers various add-ons for Zimbra Community. Please check your license agreement to determine what add-ons you are currently licensed for, or please contact Zimbra Sales for more information on pricing and licensing for additional add-ons.
Zimbra Community comes with a number of integrated single sign-on modules. The LDAP security module, which includes Microsoft Active Directory integration, is only available with Enterprise.
No, licensing is not different for virtual machines. Licensing is still based on a per-processor model.
No, all the current licensing restrictions still apply.
All servers that are in a production environment require a license in order to operate.
No, software licenses cannot be resold as the licensing restrictions and support information are tied to specific users and domains.
Does Zimbra offer a free edition of its products?
Is Graffiti CMS included with my Zimbra Community license purchase?
No, at this time Graffiti CMS – Zimbra’s lightweight content publishing system – is not included and is licensed separately.
Yes, please contact Zimbra Sales for information about becoming a reseller of Zimbra’s products.