When the user clicks on the page which contains the embed code, a thread is created in the community forum. The thread then identifies the user who enabled the embedded forum thread, the discussions topic, remote page name, and the page URL, as well as the user who commented.
The thread starter user is designated as Anonymous unless you manually add new users. All replies to the forum thread are made by users logged in to the remote website.
To create an embeddable page:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Forum Administration > Forums and Groups > Forums > [forum name] > Edit > Embed.
- Set the following Embed page properties:
- Enable Embedding - Opens the Embed Code text field below the Create New Threads As field. The Embed Code field contains code to be inserted on external web pages.
- Enable Embedding on All Domains - If enabled, the forum can be embedded on any external site. If you specify no, it can only be embedded in the domains you specify in Allowed Domains.
- Allowed Domains - If you don't allow the forum to be enabled on all domains, you'll need to specify which domains you do allow in this field.
- Create New Threads As - On external web sites, the threads from this forum are shown as being originated by this user. This field defaults to the Anonymous user. However, you can restrict the list of users adding user names.
- Embed Code - HTML code to embed in external web pages (if you selected Enable Embedding).
- Click Save to apply the settings.
- Forum basic page - Provides basic forum properties, such as forum name, description, and the group to which the forum belongs.
- Forum advanced page - Provides advanced forum properties, such as tracking, indexing, and posting properties.
- Forum permissions page - Provides roles and permissions properties for your forum.