Zimbra Community allows you to use keyboard key combinations (for example, [colon] and [right parenthesis]) to create an icon (in this case, a smiley face). Out of the box, Zimbra Community has a list of emoticons - which you can add to, modify, or delete. Alternatively, you can bracket the text shortcut, which the platform translates to display the associated emoticon.
To manage emoticons, navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Content > Emoticon Filters. The list of emoticons appears.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Enter the following:
- Click Create. The emoticon is now listed in the page.
- With the page in Edit Page mode, click on the emoticon button on the enhanced text editor toolbar. A smiley dialog appears.
- Click on an emoticon. The emoticon code displays in the text area.
- Click Save. The emoticon code is translated to the emoticon you selected.