In release 8.0, almost any kind of file can be drag and dropped onto a blog, forum, media, or wiki post. This action works similarly to the Insert Image button or Insert Media button on the enhanced text editor toolbar.
When a file is dragged onto a post:
- Drag and dropped files are visible after the post is saved.
- Multiple files can be dragged and dropped at the same time.
- Very large files (like 100 mb) can be drag and dropped.
- When an unsupported file type (such as .exe, .rpt, or .csv) is dragged over, an error message is displayed and the file isn't pasted into the editor.
To drag and drop a file onto a post:
- Navigate to the desired post.
- Edit or create (in the post Create/Edit window) the desired post.
- In the My Computer window, navigate to the desired image.
- Click and hold the mouse button on this image, moving it over the post's text field. (As stated above, you can also select multiple files.)
- Release the mouse button. The file will be dropped onto the post.
- Click Post. The file image or icon will appear on the post.