This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget, standard view.
The Ideas - Idea List widget lists ideas that answer a specific challenge. For example the ideas in the captures above are in answer to a challenge about the best dog food. If Standard view is configured, the list is tabbed to filter by idea submitter, recency, or votes.
Note that the widget title is intentionally blank in this widget so that the header can dynamically change it depending on the location and context of the widget.
This widget works the ideas-ideas page.
Follow the instructions in Install and configure Ideas. This widget will be enabled by default for admins when you do so. If you want to let non-admins add or remove the widget from their Dashboards, you need to enable the widget on the Dashboard as outlined in the next section.
Note: The Zimbra Ideas plugin must be enabled to make this widget available for use.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the page, then select and place the Ideas - Ideas - Idea List widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar.
- Select from or fill in the following options:
- To change the widget name, type it into the Widget Title field.
- Select the view type:
- Standard - Provides tabs (filters) for All Recent, Top Votes, My Ideas, and My Votes when you view the list. Displays the title and excerpt of the idea; displays the poster, date of latest update, and its status.
- Simple - Selecting this option provides another configuration option, Query Type, which allows you to select which filter to automatically apply to the list. Displays the title of the idea and how long ago the most recent update was posted.
- Query Type (only displays with the Simple view type) - Applies a filter you choose from the drop-down list:
- All Recent - Displays the configured number of recently posted ideas.
- Top Votes - Displays the configured number of ideas with the most votes.
- My ideas - Displays the configured number of the viewer's own ideas.
- My Votes - Displays the configured number of ideas the user placed votes on.
- Group to display - By default this pulls from the current group.
- Include Sub Groups - If selected, the widget will pull ideas from the group's subgroups.
- Excerpt size (only displays with the Standard view type) - The number of characters, up to 10,000, to display from the idea write-up.
- Number of ideas to display per page - Determines the number of ideas to display per page, including with filters.
- Click Save in the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.