This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Voting maths for ideation

Before posting as an idea I wanted to check if there is anything on the roadmap for improving the way in which ideation works on Telligent?  I previously had some emails back and forth with RobH but it never went anywhere.

For our community we looked at Telligent's ("Zimbra's" at the time) ideation and compared to UserVoice.  UserVoice had (maybe has still) the better maths compared to Telligent.  Comparison:

UserVoice has a more mature algorithm. Generally a user is given, say, 20 votes, max three votes for any one idea so you can weight your preference, your votes get locked in once the idea is “under review” and only returned when the status is either “approved” or “rejected”.  This really makes a user think before voting.  They can't spread their voting out so thin so they can influence every idea generated.  They have to carefully decide what to vote for and if they love an idea they can add more than one vote.

For Telligent: Given 100 users looking at 100 ideas, where the ideas are simply “not terrible” or better...what’s stopping each of the 100 users voting for each idea once? Then the product manager has to scratch their heads as to which of the 100 ideas, each with 100 votes, is the most important. Plus is there now a backend for triage akin to UserVoice? Something that can be delegated to the the group owner?  Last time I compared Telligent to UserVoice there was no bulk processing of ideas and clear triage routes (what's new, what's hot, what need a decision, what's old and probably should be rejected, what was promised but is old and is locking up a user's votes).  When we demoed the ideation to our product managers they refused to move from UserVoice because this was missing.

Is this still the case and worth raising as an idea on your own ideation system?