Not able to update the theme for particular group after upgrading to 10.3 telligent

after upgrading telligent from 10.1 to 10.3 , i am not able to update the theme for a particular group.But i am able to change the theme individually.Currently all the items derived from that particular group following the default site theme.How can i change the theme ?

Parents
  • Could you identify what you're trying to update that is not working? The more specific you are with your issue reproduction steps, the easier it is for me to help.

Also, would it be possible to identify the version from which you upgraded?

• We created a custom group theme, some of the groups are using this custom theme ,but after upgradation it is using the default theme ('Social theme"). 

In 10.1 we used to update all the group using the customized theme .screen shot attached for what we have done in 10.1 to achieve this .

Please suggest a way to solve this in 10.3 version.

• When upgrading from <10.2 to >10.2, themes are migrated to use Theme Studio (new in 10.2). Does the "Author Circle Theme" show in Administration > Interface > Themes as a group theme?

What is the full version of 10.3 that you're using (from Administration > About > Version)?

• Does the "Author Circle Theme" show in Administration > Interface > Themes as a group theme? Yes.

In the older version we have option to select the group name below 'Update theme Implementation'

,in the image footer section.

The newer version has major change in this section. so where should i make the change to apply the theme to the group.

I am using telligent version 10.3.1.6900. 

• Theme selection for a group is performed in the front UI:

1. Navigate to the group
    2. Click the pencil icon to open management options
    3. Go to Manage Group Theme
    4. Go to Select Theme
    5. Select a theme and publish or preview the selection

Note that "Select Theme" is only available when there is more than one available theme.

The UI that you provided in your screenshot earlier was used to update the factory default implementation of the theme based on the current implementation of a specific group. It did not select the theme for any group/context.

In 10.2+, it is recommended to save the default version of a page's layout by selecting the "Edit Default Group Theme" option under "Manage Group Theme" in the options above. You could accomplish the same behavior (updating the defaults of a theme based on the layouts of a single group) by exporting the full group theme from the "source" group and importing it into the default theme.

• The UI that you provided in your screenshot earlier was used to update the factory default implementation of the theme based on the current implementation of a specific group. It did not select the theme for any group/context.

where can find the same option in 10.3.1.6900 ? 

• how this can be done in the 10.3.1.6900 version?

• where can find the same option in 10.3.1.6900 ? 

The equivalent would be updating the default group theme as mentioned. This would have the same effect on the community.

• Can you please show me the equivalent place in 10.3 version where i can add my changes. Its very critical for me for the upgrade. I didn't see any place in the 10.3.1.6900 version where i can update group theme.

• Can you please show me the equivalent place in 10.3 version where i can add my changes.

Manage Group (pencil icon in the front UI when visiting any group using the theme) > Manage Group Theme > Manage Default Group Theme. From here, you can edit pages, headers, footers, import, etc. Any changes made while editing the Default Group Theme will edit the theme for all groups using the theme (unless they have group-defined overrides of the default). 

When exporting the group theme from Administration > Interface > Themes, the export of the group theme edited using "Manage Default Group Theme" will include all changes made while editing the default.

Its very critical for me for the upgrade.

If this answer is insufficient, could you please identify why it doesn't meet your needs? That is, could you identify your use case and expectations.

• Can you please show me the equivalent place in 10.3 version where i can add my changes.

Manage Group (pencil icon in the front UI when visiting any group using the theme) > Manage Group Theme > Manage Default Group Theme. From here, you can edit pages, headers, footers, import, etc. Any changes made while editing the Default Group Theme will edit the theme for all groups using the theme (unless they have group-defined overrides of the default). 

When exporting the group theme from Administration > Interface > Themes, the export of the group theme edited using "Manage Default Group Theme" will include all changes made while editing the default.

Its very critical for me for the upgrade.

If this answer is insufficient, could you please identify why it doesn't meet your needs? That is, could you identify your use case and expectations.

Children