Telligent Community provides multiple ways to support mobile devices.
Table of Contents
Telligent Community has built-in support for responsive design within the web UI. The default theme, Social, supports responsive behaviors that can be configured via page editing and utilized in custom widget development.
Responsive design is a technique where the same HTML and server implementation is adjusted for mobile devices using client-side behaviors. Some examples of responsive design within Telligent Community include:
- Reflowing the page layout to a single column view based on widget-instance-specific responsive behavior configuration for small mobile devices.
- Consolidating mouse- and touch- events into a comprehensive set of events.
- Adjustments to large tables and preformatted text to become scrollable when larger than the browser's window (device screen size).
- Adjustments to images, videos, and other embedded content to fit within the browser's window (device screen size).
- Support for serving device-specific pixel-depth resized images.
For more information on using responsive options within the main web UI, see Themes. The remainder of this topic (and sub-topics) deal with Telligent Community Mobile.
Telligent Community Mobile is an extension to Telligent Community that enables serving a completely unique experience to mobile devices and serving this unique experience to native apps for iOS and Android.
The mobile-specific experience can be used instead of responsive design or as a basis for providing a native app experience for mobile devices alongside a responsive main web UI.Telligent Community Mobile can be customized in much the same way as the Telligent Community platform. The sub-topics identify key customization support: