When editing a footer, an import/export footer button appears in the user interface. You can edit the site, group, and blog footers without having to custom-code a theme.
Widgets in the footer
The following widgets are in the footer:
Additionally, the Generic Content widget, which can be used anywhere on the site, can be used in the footer.
Edit the site, group, or blog footer
To perform this function, you must have the Edit Theme permission for the site, group, or blog as appropriate.
- Navigate to the site, group, or blog home page and click Modify [x] theme.
- Click Edit Page. The editable footer area appears.
- Click Edit Footer.
The editable footer opens, displaying the widgets.
- Drag the desired widget(s) into the footer. In this example, we added an extra Generic Content widget.
- After configuring the widget(s), save the configuration.
- Click Save.
- Click Footer. The footer is saved.