At times, an administrator might need to view the site from a particular user's perspective to troubleshoot a problem or verify his/her user experience is correct.
Impersonation only works with auth type = Forms. It does not work with Windows Authentication or Single Sign On. Only users with the Impersonate Users permission are allowed to impersonate others.
To impersonate a user:
- Navigate to the site home page (or a profile page).
- Mouse over Management.
- Click Administration.
- Navigate to Membership > Members.
- Search for the desired user.
- Click Edit for the desired user.
- At the Login as this user option, click Impersonate user. The user's home page appears.
- Click the user profile.
- Click Stop impersonating.