The registration experience can be customized by adding profile fields you create on the new user registration form. When you add customized fields, you can choose:
- What fields to present on the form.
- Which order fields are presented in.
- Whether fields are required.
To customize the site registration form:
- Define any custom profile field you want to capture, including whether or not it's searchable.
- Navigate to the site home page (or profile page).
- Mouse over Management.
- Click Modify site theme.
- Click Manage Pages.
- Click User Registration.
- Click Edit layout.
- Mouse over the User - Login and Create widget and click the configuration icon.
- Choose the profile field you just added in the widget's configuration. The list of available profile fields, including the one you created, appears.
- Choose whether each selected field will be required for registration by selecting its Required check box.
- Click Save in the widget configuration dialog box. The profile field will appear on the widget in Edit Page mode. An asterisk next to an added field indicates it is mandatory for registration.
- Click Save and publish in the Edit Page mode page.
- Close Edit Page.
From this point on, users will be asked to enter this profile information upon registering on the site. If you checked the custom field's Required check box, they will be required to do so.