By default, all users can personalize the default community display properties in their settings. Many of these are located in a user's Settings > Options tab. An administrator can also change a user's settings in Administration.
To change display properties for a community member:
- Mouse over Management.
- Click Administration.
- Navigate to Membership > Members > Site options.
- Verify or change the following settings:
- Time zone - Choose the Time zone for the user's location.
- Date format - Specify the date format that the user sees throughout the site in activity streams, wiki page details, forum and blog posts, etc. For example, many European countries use the Day Month Year format, while Americans frequently use the Month Day Year format.
- Content editor - Choose either Plaintext or Enhanced. If the Enhanced option is set, the full editor options are available to the user for every editable section of the site. If Plaintext is set, the user can only enter plain, unformatted text content when contributing any content, including wiki pages, forum posts, blog posts, and file gallery descriptions.
- Enable display name - The user will be known by his/her display name.
- Display in members list - The user can be listed in member lists, such as in widgets.
- Enable collapsing panels
- Enable conversation notifications - Enable or disable conversation notices from appearing in the user interface.
- Enable comment notifications - Enable or disable comment notices from appearing.
- Enable emoticons - Allow or restrict the user from adding emoticons to any content.
- Display user signatures - Allow or disable displaying the user's signature on forum posts.
- Items per-page in Control Panel grids - Determine how many items appear in Control Panel grids.
- Signature - Use the Enhanced text editor to create a custom signature for the user.
- Click Save.