Table of Contents
An achievement is an outward-facing indication that a user has completed a milestone, such as gaining a number of likes on a post or answering questions - in other words, has completed one or more specific actions - rather than simply accumulating points for every action. Thus, achievements are a better demonstration of expertise and credibility than ranks might be.
Achievements can be awarded or removed.
- Can be configured, using rules, to send a notification to the member of his achievement.
- Can only be earned once.
- Replace ranks in point scenarios. They can also be used for non-point scenarios such as rewarding having a number of new friends.
- Have APIs, so they can be given on an ad-hoc basis outside of rules.
Achievements, which are configured in the Administration panel, are supported by Rule Automation (System Administration > Site Configuration > Rules). While you can Create an achievement, name its criteria, and upload a badge for it on the Add Achievement or Edit Achievement page, it still requires a rule to enact giving it. For example, the "A Way with Words I" achievement is awarded for receiving 25 likes on a blog post. The rule supporting this achievement comes configured out of the box. However, if you were to make a new achievement, you would also need to create the rule that awards the achievement.
Telligent Community includes a number of achievement rules and badges out of the box. The criteria for these achievements are listed in Default achievements and criteria.
A user's achievements are displayed in three places:
- In the activity stream.
- On his/her Profile > Achievements page. The achievements page shows the full description of the achievement.
- In the User - Hover over his/her username.
User achievement shown in the activity stream.
User achievement shown on Profile > Achievements tab.
Achievement shown on User - Hover.
A full list of available achievements is displayed for users from the "See all possible achievements" link on the user's Profile > Achievements tab.