Telligent Community provides multiple ways to customize a site and expose community interactions to mobile devices.
Table of Contents
Telligent Community has built-in support for responsive design within the web UI. The default theme, Social, supports responsive behaviors that can be configured via page editing and utilized in custom widget development.
Responsive design is a technique where the same HTML and server implementation is adjusted for mobile devices using client-side behaviors. Some examples of responsive design within Telligent Community include:
- Reflowing the page layout to a single column view based on widget-instance-specific responsive behavior configuration for small mobile devices.
- Consolidating mouse- and touch- events into a comprehensive set of events.
- Adjustments to large tables and preformatted text to become scrollable when larger than the browser's window (device screen size).
- Adjustments to images, videos, and other embedded content to fit within the browser's window (device screen size).
- Support for serving device-specific pixel-depth resized images.
Telligent Community Mobile is an extension to the main web UI that enables serving a completely unique experience to mobile devices and serving this unique experience to native apps for iOS and Android.
Telligent Community Mobile uses the REST API and widgets to implement a mobile-specific user experience. The mobile-specific experience can be used instead of responsive design or as a basis for providing a native app experience for mobile devices alongside a responsive main web UI.
Once installed, Telligent Community Mobile can be customized in much the same way as the Telligent Community platform:
Easily brand the mobile app to deploy a custom-looking experience to your users quickly.
Add new screens/pages to the app to expose more or custom functionality.
Restyle the existing application or add style to new functionality.
Just as with the Telligent Community platform, Telligent Community Mobile supports implementing UI functionality using widgets.
Testing and debugging a mobile app can be tricky. Here are some helpful tips.