General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is support by Telligent Community

Hi,

We checked in the community and didn't find any document of GDPR and EU Cookie. Did Telligent Platform support.

Is there any documentation available on how to achieve it in our Telligent community.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Parents
  • Hi Abhishek,

There is an EU cookie widget here:
    https://github.com/Telligent/Telligent-Community-Samples/tree/master/widgets/EU%20Cookie%20Compliance

But I too would like to know if Telligent has done something special now that GDPR is to be in effect in less than two months.

And what are everybody else doing? The GDPR directive is not just for companies in the EU, its for all who have information about EU citizens, no matter where you host or have your company. The EU cookie compliance on the other hand is not required for companies outside the EU (as far as I know).

So I'm surprised not to find anything else about this subject here.

A big question for example is if storing IP addresses for anonymous users is registering personal identifying data or not. And everything I have seen says that it is. But I guess even if we stop registering this, then it would still be there on all our old posts. Which a SQL script of course could take care of.

But what are everyone else doing? Nothing?

• Hi Abhishek,

There is an EU cookie widget here:
    https://github.com/Telligent/Telligent-Community-Samples/tree/master/widgets/EU%20Cookie%20Compliance

But I too would like to know if Telligent has done something special now that GDPR is to be in effect in less than two months.

And what are everybody else doing? The GDPR directive is not just for companies in the EU, its for all who have information about EU citizens, no matter where you host or have your company. The EU cookie compliance on the other hand is not required for companies outside the EU (as far as I know).

So I'm surprised not to find anything else about this subject here.

A big question for example is if storing IP addresses for anonymous users is registering personal identifying data or not. And everything I have seen says that it is. But I guess even if we stop registering this, then it would still be there on all our old posts. Which a SQL script of course could take care of.

But what are everyone else doing? Nothing?

Children
No Data