Removing content from moderation queue

Former Member
Former Member

Take this scenario:

• Spam has been caught and put in the IN PROCESS moderation queue
  • The poster has been identified as a spammer and the account has been set to DISAPPROVED
  • There is no longer any reason to keep those posts in the moderation queue

Is there a way to clear that user's posts from the IN PROCESS moderation queue before the appeal closing date?   I'd just like to keep the queue clean so I can easily identify and act on new stuff in the queue without having to view stuff I've already handled. 

Thanks in advance - Kim

Parents
  • If the user is identified as a spam account, you might as well just delete the user instead of disapproving. The moderation queue should identify this as an option. And when selecting deletion, you will have the option of also deleting all of the user's associated content.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Michael Monteleone

Thanks Michael.  The problem with that is that if I delete the account, they can go back and recreate it with the same ID and email address.   Disapproving keeps the account and doesn't let them register another account with the same credentials.  It also keeps a record of disapproved users and allows reinstatement if conditions warrant it.   Disapproved doesn't count against licence seats so I like that option instead of deleting.  I just want to be able to clear something from the moderation queue.  Ideally, I would like to delete the content only which would clear it from the moderation queue, but I don't see a way to do that.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member in reply to Michael Monteleone

Thanks Michael.  The problem with that is that if I delete the account, they can go back and recreate it with the same ID and email address.   Disapproving keeps the account and doesn't let them register another account with the same credentials.  It also keeps a record of disapproved users and allows reinstatement if conditions warrant it.   Disapproved doesn't count against licence seats so I like that option instead of deleting.  I just want to be able to clear something from the moderation queue.  Ideally, I would like to delete the content only which would clear it from the moderation queue, but I don't see a way to do that.

Children