Turkish characters display in a weird way

Hi,

We created a Wiki in our community, the content for that wiki is in Turkish, and the turkish characters display in a weird way, they are

noticeably larger than the remaining Latin letters.  please see the examples in the image below. I highlighted some of the letters with red.

The idea is that when we preview the content before publishing it, the letters look normal, why is 

this happening? See the differences below.

Any input would help, 

Regards,

Silviu

• Hi . What font is the theme using in this case? Additionally, in what browser/version and os/version are you seeing this? The default font for the Social theme in 9.x is Source Sans Pro. Could you also attach the raw text with the characters so I can take a look in my environment?

It's possible this is an issue with Source Sans Pro (or whatever font the theme is using) in a particular browser version. And if that's the case, the easiest workaround could be to change fonts, even if it's only for certain places. 

• Hi Michael, I looked into the theme's Supplementary Files tab and there I saw that it is using: open sans 300, open sans 400, source sans pro 300, source sans pro 400, source sans pro 400 italic and source sans pro 700 . 

browser/version : Google Chrome 63.0.3239.132 64 bit

I PM you the raw text.

Regards,

Silviu

• Thanks. Have you been able to detect which font is being rendered in this case? This can be detected in Chrome using the dev tools by focusing on an element and inspecting its computed styles.

For example:

The fact that the theme includes Open Sans makes me suspect this was upgraded from an 8.x site, retaining 8.x portions of the theme, since that font is no longer part of the default theme in 9. And if it is Open Sans being rendered in this case, it may be easiest to just adjust the theme to only use Source Sans Pro, as other rendering issues were found at points with the Open Sans family of fonts in 8.

Using the same Turkish text, I was not able to recreate in 9, which only uses Source Sans Pro and not Open Sans. (this was also Chrome on Windows 10)

Assuming this is the case, it's a simple edit of a file in your theme:

Pencil Icon on Site Root > Manage Site Theme > Edit this Theme > Supplementary Files > variables.less > Edit

Change the contents of the //font section to:

@font-size: 15px;
    @font-family-body: 'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica', Arial, sans-serif;
    @font-weight-body: 400;
    @font-family-display: 'Source Sans Pro', 'Helvetica', Arial, sans-serif;
    @font-weight-display: 500;
    @font-color-display: #444;
    @line-height: 1.5em;