Telligent Forum thread bug

Hello everyone,

I tried to delete a thread, but the thread page does not seem to be working correctly. When I try to click the Like, Reply, More buttons they all redirect me to another post.

When I looked into the WebInspector console I saw a telligent.evolution.min.js error, saying that it does not receive some id.

Because of the error the page doesn't even display the pencil button that gets you to Administration.

The funny thing is that the other threads in that forum are working fine.

What could be the issue and how can I delete that thread?

Best Regards,

Silviu Avram

Parents
  • What is the full version of Community? Can you include an HTTP trace that includes loading the page (after clearing your browser cache) and attempting to Like or Reply?

It could potentially be some content in the thread that's somehow breaking the client-side functionality. This shouldn't normally be possible, but a trace could help narrow it down.

• I've seen this error before (think it was on 8.5), but have just managed to recreate on 9.2.0.1667 (doesn't seem to break the page in 10.1).

Seen it caused by somebody copying some text from a previous reply, but including the "Like/Reply/More" links in the highlighted text, and then pasting that into the Rich Text Editor. See video below for example steps to reproduce:

If you can manage to get to the edit page for the reply that has the copied content you should be able to fix the page by editing the post, best bet is to get the post id somehow (possibly using the browser developer tools to work it out from the HTML), use a working edit reply link from another thread and then replace the post id. Doesn't help if somebody does it again though.

Hope this helps,
    Rhys

• I've seen this error before (think it was on 8.5), but have just managed to recreate on 9.2.0.1667 (doesn't seem to break the page in 10.1).

Seen it caused by somebody copying some text from a previous reply, but including the "Like/Reply/More" links in the highlighted text, and then pasting that into the Rich Text Editor. See video below for example steps to reproduce:

If you can manage to get to the edit page for the reply that has the copied content you should be able to fix the page by editing the post, best bet is to get the post id somehow (possibly using the browser developer tools to work it out from the HTML), use a working edit reply link from another thread and then replace the post id. Doesn't help if somebody does it again though.

Hope this helps,
    Rhys

Children