Event Calendar Issue with previousLinkId / nextLinkId

Dear community,

I am trying to find a solution for my event calendar problem now for days without success. The links to show the calendar view for previous/next respective month do not show up - instead an error message pops up as follows:

I tried to search for a bug in the "Content" area of the widget, but could not find any and I actually did not edit the code at all. Maybe it has to do with the following 2 lines?

nextLinkId:'$core_v2_widget.UniqueId('calendarNext')',
previousLinkId:'$core_v2_widget.UniqueId('calendarPrevious')',

Your help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Daniel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
[unlocked by: Kevin Cunningham at 1:44 AM (GMT -5) on Fri, Sep 1 2017]
Parents Reply
  • 'calendarNext' and 'calendarPrevious' are just IDs, and don't need resources defined for them. I can't quite read it fully, but from the first screenshot, it seems like the missing resources are 'calendar_CalendarNextLinkText' and one other. And from the above screenshot of the resources tab, that resource is clearly set. 

Do you potentially have multiple versions of the widget? For example, does the widget have a themed version that matches the current theme? If so, that version will be used, and it may be customized and potentially missing a resource. You can see a list of versions and switch between them on the widget's overview.

It's also possible to save a completely different copy of the widget, which the page may be using instead of this one. That would be another useful thing to check.

Children
  • hello everybody. I am working on this issue together with Daniel.
    The strange thing, we just found out, is that the calender widget used in this group, doesn't relate on any widget in the admin corner... 
    I just changed the css in all calendar widget in the widget editor, but none of those changes were applied to the group ( checked the cache, and also the dev tool, it is not overwritten by anything else, it is simply not applied)

Has anybody faced this issue yet? 

I also tried to remove the relation of the ressources in the widget and changed it to normal HTML text and still the error occured...

Thank you in advance for your help!

• Hi . I'm still curious about widget versions. This again sounds like it may be theme-versioned or maybe even saved as a similar, but completely separate, copy that's currently being used on the page.

Do you potentially have multiple versions of the widget? For example, does the widget have a themed version that matches the current theme? If so, that version will be used, and it may be customized and potentially missing a resource. You can see a list of versions and switch between them on the widget's overview.