A profile field just for employees to fill out, but visible to everyone...

Former Member
Former Member

1. Is it possible to have a profile field just for employees to fill out, though visible to everyone on the user profile page? The use case is that we are creating roles for employee teams: Support, Customer Success, Marketing, etc. We'd like that role to show up on an employee's profile page. I understand how to do that by adding a user profile field and adding it to a user profile group. But is there a way to make that field show up ONLY when an employee is editing their profile, and NOT when a customer is editing their profile? Since these roles don't apply to customers, I don't want them seeing an "Employee Team" dropdown at all.

2. Also, I'm assuming that to do all of this, I need to add BOTH roles AND user profile fields with the names of the employee teams (Customer Success, Support, Marketing, etc. But is there a way for the user profile to draw in the roles directly, so that I don't have to add them in two places on the back end? In other words, can I set up the employee team roles, and then somehow make it possible for an employee to choose one of those employee team roles directly from their profile page WITHOUT having to add in an identical set of user profile fields? I'm guessing not, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.