Morning all. I have a bit of a puzzle I need to figure out.
I need to move some content from a forum into news articles (copy/paste). But I very much need these new articles to NOT notify the members of the community because this group just isn't handling notifications well. Every notification they perceive as unnecessary is sending them into a bit of a rage.
Here's what I'm trying to do:
- Create 4 articles with publish dates in the past. These are currently forum entries and the notifications from replies are aggravating the audience.
- Do not send any notifications about these old articles to the members of the group. This is more about me getting organized than for them.
- Continue to send out notifications for new articles that will come in the future.
Possible solutions I'm thinking of:
- Write the articles elsewhere and move them in. Not sure if this would trigger any notifications.
- Briefly turn off the notification that would go out for new articles, but not sure how long this would need to stay off for.
- What else?
But most importantly: I'm under the impression that commenting on a news article subscribes you to the news article, but if you only view you don't get notifications on comments. Is this correct?