Friendship request options can be adjusted by going to Administration > Membership > Friendship Options:
From here, you can change:
- Require Request Message: Configure the requirement of a message when requesting a friendship. The options are:
- Yes: The message is required -- it cannot be blank.
- No, but prompt for an optional request message: The message can be set, but is not required.
- No, and don't prompt for a request message: The request will be sent directly without being prompted for a message.
- Default Request Message: This message is used to prepopulate the request message when requesting a friendship.
When done, be sure to click Save to commit any changes.