To enable chat in Telligent Community, simply add the DLL, enable the plugin, configure the plugin, and configure the appropriate widget.
Add the chat dll to the web folder
- Add the Telligent.Evolution.Chat.dll file to the web/bin folder of your Community Server installation.
Enable chat and presence
- In the Telligent interface, navigate to Manage > Administration > Extensions > Chat.
- Click the Enabled check box.
- Click Options. The plugin has the following options:
- Offline Timeout Seconds - Seconds after which a user is marked offline when all of the user's connections are closed. This is a grace period to allow for navigating across pages without interrupting presence even though connections are closing and opening. Default: 10
- Online Friend List Page Size - Number of online friends shown in the buddy list, sorted by recency of conversation, descending. Default: 15
- Maximum Group Chat Participants - Maximum number of participants allowed in a group chat session. Default: 10
- Conversation Life Span - Hours after which a conversation log is no longer appended to, and subsequent chat messages initiate and append to a new conversation. Default: 24
- Set Online by Default - Whether a user should be auto-logged into chat upon sign-in. A user's own previous preference (when it exists) overrides this. Default: True
- Click Save.
The User - Chat widget enables the online friends list and chat windows.
- To install this widget, as an admin navigate to the site home page, go to Manage > Manage Site Theme > Edit this Page.
- Mouse over the footer and click Edit footer.
- On the Edit this page "Widgets" tab, search for User - Chat.
- Drag it into the footer.
- Click Publish. The widget is now active.