You must enable SSL/HTTPS access to your community to use Salesforce authentication for Telligent Community.
Table of Contents
Enabling potential members to authenticate and create accounts by integrating with Salesforce can simplify the member creation/registration experience. This guide identifies the steps to enable authentication through Salesforce.
- Log into Salesforce.
- Navigate to the Salesforce.com developer homepage.
- Under Getting started, click Add App. The App Quick Start dialog appears.
- Fill in the following details to create the application:
- In App (required), enter a label such as "OAuth Sign-in."
- In Label (required), enter a label such as "Sign-in" if you are not collecting data, or enter the appropriate label for data you are capturing.
- In Plural label (required), enter a label such as "Sign-ins" if you are not collecting data, or enter the appropriate label for data you are capturing.
- Click Create. The creation completed dialog appears. You don't need to change any options here to use the sign-in for Telligent Community. Your dashboard appears.
- Under your username, click Setup.
- In the App setup pane, click Develop.
- Click Remote access.
- In the Remote access applications list, click New. The Remote access edit window appears.
- Fill in the following required fields:
- Application - Supply the application name.
- Contact email - Fill in your email address.
- Callback URL - Fill in the URL that Salesforce can use to authenticate your login.
- Click Save. The Remote access window displays a consumer key and consumer secret.
- Copy both the consumer key and consumer secret to another location for use in the Salesforce plugin configuration.
- Navigate to Administration > Authentication > External authentication > Salesforce
- Click Salesforce OAuth Client.
- Click the Enable check box.
- In the Salesforce OAuth Client panel, paste the following settings into the appropriate text fields:
- Consumer Key: The Consumer Key copied from Salesforce.
- Consumer Secret: The Consumer Secret key copied from Salesforce.
- Click Save.
- To connect Salesforce with Community Server click the Salesforce logo in the sign-in screen.