Enabling potential members to authenticate and create accounts by integrating with Google can simplify the member creation/registration experience. This guide identifies the steps to enable authentication through Google.
Register a new application on Google
- Log into Google.
- Navigate to https://code.google.com/apis/console/ to set up a new Google application.
- Click Create Project.
- Click Permissions.
- Select the check box for your account name.
- Click APIs & auth.
- Click APIs.
- Click Google+ API (under Social APIs).
- Click Enable API.
- Click Credentials.
- Under OAuth, click Create new client ID.
- Click Web application.
- Click Configure consent screen.
- In the Consent Screen, enter your email address in the Email address field and a product name in the Product Name field.
- Click Save.
- In the Create Client ID screen, select Web application.
Configure the Google plugin
- Navigate to Administration > Authentication > External Authentication > Google
- Click the Enabled check box.
- Copy your client ID from the Google application page into the Client ID field.
- Copy your client secret from the Google application page into the Client Secret field.
- Click Save
Use Google sign-in
- Navigate to your Telligent site.
- On the Sign-in screen, click the Google logo.