Enabling potential members to authenticate and create accounts by integrating with Facebook can simplify the member creation/registration experience. This guide identifies the steps to enable authentication through Facebook.
- Log into Facebook.
- Navigate to http://developers.facebook.com/setup/ to set up a new Facebook application.
- Click Create a new app. The Create new app ID dialog appears.
- Fill in the desired App name in the Display name field, add a contact email address and save.
- When prompted, select the Integrate Facebook Login scenario.
- From the left side menu under the Products heading, select Facebook Login then Settings.
- Ensure that Client OAuth Login, Web OAuth Login, Enforce HTTPS, and Use Strict Mode for Redirect Uris are all set to Yes. This should be the default for new apps.
- For the valid OAuth redirect URIs field enter https://your_community_root/oauth?type=facebook where your_community_root is the root url of your community.
- Click Save Changes.
- Return to Settings on the left navigation menu and select Basic. Record your App ID and App Secret for later use.
- Navigate to Administration > Authentication > External authentication > Facebook
- Click the Enabled check box.
- Provide the following configuration option values from the registration details from Facebook:
- App ID: The App ID copied from Facebook.
- App Secret: The App Secret copied from Facebook.
- Click Save.
You can use your Facebook credentials to sign into your Community Server site.
- In the sign-in page, click the Facebook logo.