Enabling potential members to authenticate and create accounts by integrating with Facebook can simplify the member creation/registration experience. This guide identifies the steps to enable authentication through Facebook.
Table of Contents
- Log into Facebook.
- Navigate to http://developers.facebook.com/setup/ to set up a new Facebook application.
- Click Create a new app. The Create new app ID dialog appears.
- Fill in the desired App name in the Display name field.
- Optionally, fill in a namespace in the Namespace field.
- Select a Category from the drop-down list. This is required.
- Click Create App ID.
- Enter the security check code and click Submit.
- If the account verification dialog appears, provide verification information such as your mobile phone number and confirm receipt of the security code.
- Enter any additional security check information, such as an additional security check code.
- Click Submit. The dashboard window appears.
- Click Settings.
- Fill in the following fields:
- App Domains (required) - Your Telligent Community site domain (http://www.yourdomain.com).
- Contact email (required) - An email address for Facebook to user for contact
- (Optional) Click Add platform and choose any platform you would like to add.
- Copy and save the App ID and App Secret values to another location.
- Click Save changes. Once registered, Facebook will provide you with security details.
- Navigate to Administration > Authentication > External authentication > Facebook
- Click the Enabled check box.
- Provide the following configuration option values from the registration details from Facebook:
- App ID: The App ID copied from Facebook.
- App Secret: The App Secret copied from Facebook.
- Click Save.
You can use your Facebook credentials to sign into your Community Server site.
- In the sign-in page, click the Facebook logo.