Create a rule
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Rules.
- Click Add rule. The Add a rule window appears.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the rule.
- In the When category drop-down list, select a trigger for the rule. For example, a rule about creating a blog post.
The If drop-down list appears.
- In the If drop-down list, select a condition. In the example of a blog post, "Blog post: is published" would be an appropriate condition.
The operator drop-down list appears next to the condition.
- Select an operator. In the case of the example, you want to choose that the condition is true. The And drop-down list appears.
- In the And drop-down list, you can select additional conditions and their parameters. (But this is optional.) In the case of the example, we select Blog Post: Author; User:Location; contains, and enter the string "Frisco." Select the string when it appears under the field.
You can continue with more optional conditions. Bear in mind that all conditions must be met for the rule to execute.
- Under the Then drop-down list, select an action. In the example, we are selecting "award an achievement." Remember that if you have not created the achievement, it will not appear in the list of achievements.
The Award to user field appears in this case. But for example, if you chose to award points, the number of points field would appear, etc. as appropriate to the choice.
- Select the appropriate recipient or add the appropriate specifics to the action.
- Click Save.