How do I customize the digest email?

Yes, I know its notifications>email>email digest and then edit the body. 

Problem is that there is no documentation explaining the default template,

what is application, application name etc? why does it need so many repeating lines (presumably that sets the maximum number of entries, is that right?)

As I scroll down the template, there are loads more and none of it makes any sense.

Help!

PS sending the preview email doesnt help either, because it doesnt populate with sample data, just a nonsensical list of fields.

asdds
[edited by: Arlo Guthrie at 11:03 AM (GMT 0) on Sat, Apr 1 2023]
  • You can find the documentation for application here What is an application? 

why does it need so many repeating lines  The repeating lines represent the activity / posts in the group. Based on the days/weekl activity all the content will be listed.

if you are trying to customize an email template the documentation how to customize it here How do I customize email sent from the community? 

To edit the template simply click on the section which you would like to edit and the you would be able to find the edit / remove option .

• Thanks  , but I knew that much already! I know what an application is, I just don't understand, for example, which application those lines of code refer to. They dont say the first line is going to add, for example, any newly published blog. I also know how to edit the newsletter, it is just that there is no documentation explaining what lines of code I need to add, in order to achieve what. I also dont understand what you mean by:

The repeating lines represent the activity / posts in the group. Based on the days/weekl activity all the content will be listed.

Surely all content will not be listed if each line represents one activity. Surely it will only display up to a maximum of the number of repeating lines.

It is SO frustrating that this is not explained anywhere! I want to get on and edit my digest to just display latest forum questions, and latest blog posts, and I cannot do that because someone somewhere has not ever written any instructions to explain how this works.