How to restore member content

Odd scenario here, I'm hoping someone might have an idea of how to fix.

One of our members reached out to let us know they were having difficulty logging in to community.  He was eventually able to log in, but upon doing so noticed that all of his posts and replies were gone.  He has been one of our most active members since our community was stood up years ago.  When looking at his profile in the admin panel, it shows he has over 7,000 posts but if you drill down on that you are taken to threads that he posted in, but his posts are missing.  It also appears that any threads he created are now missing as well.

This has obviously created holes in many threads within our community, for example some members may reply to his post while mentioning his name, but that post is gone from the conversation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I've heard of a similar situation that was related to Moderation identifying the member as abusive. I would suggest checking the Moderation queue, and if it's not there I would definitely submit a support case. 

• According to one of my moderators, the member was flagged, but we approved his posts.  I can't seem to find any historical record of him being flagged or the subsequent approval.

• Odd scenario here, I'm hoping someone might have an idea of how to fix.

One of our members reached out to let us know they were having difficulty logging in to community.  He was eventually able to log in, but upon doing so noticed that all of his posts and replies were gone.  He has been one of our most active members since our community was stood up years ago.  When looking at his profile in the admin panel, it shows he has over 7,000 posts but if you drill down on that you are taken to threads that he posted in, but his posts are missing.  It also appears that any threads he created are now missing as well.

This has obviously created holes in many threads within our community, for example some members may reply to his post while mentioning his name, but that post is gone from the conversation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One possible solution can be to provide the user with a copy of the archived posts from before the login issue. This would keep the conversation intact and allow them to fill in any missing posts.