Creating a public group

Hello

Sorry for the really obvious question but I have setup a new group w/forum, and I want it to be open to the public without requiring a login. I set the visibility to Joinless, but when I tried accessing the group without being logged in, it took me to the log in screen.

Whats the really obvious solution I am missing? Disappointed

Thanks

Oli

Parents
  • Out of the box, that group would be accessible to anonymous users.  You can verify the Everyone account has permission to view the Group under Manage Group > Permissions > Site Roles > Everyone.  The default would be to have the read permission in each application and the View Group Name in Lists permission.  If that is not the issue, there may be some other customization preventing access.

• Out of the box, that group would be accessible to anonymous users.  You can verify the Everyone account has permission to view the Group under Manage Group > Permissions > Site Roles > Everyone.  The default would be to have the read permission in each application and the View Group Name in Lists permission.  If that is not the issue, there may be some other customization preventing access.

Children