Active User Types

Hello

As I try to understand the reporting capabilities of Telligent, the definitions of Active users seems a bit confusing to me. Specifically, it isn't clear to me why we have Engagers and Interactors when they are very similar (according to the Activity Categorization Matrix).

Thanks

Oli

Parents
  • The Participation Report categorizes users into 4 different categories: Viewers, Originators, Contributors and Engagers.  You will notice that there are no overlapping activities between these 4 categorizations.

Interaction activities drive the Interactions report which deals specifically with interacting with existing content.  If you review the activities that define Engagers, you will see that some activities of an Engager don't apply to specific content in the community so would not be considered interactions (ex: Friendship request, private conversations).  That is the reason for the difference between Engagers and Interactors and why they both exist.

• The Participation Report categorizes users into 4 different categories: Viewers, Originators, Contributors and Engagers.  You will notice that there are no overlapping activities between these 4 categorizations.

Interaction activities drive the Interactions report which deals specifically with interacting with existing content.  If you review the activities that define Engagers, you will see that some activities of an Engager don't apply to specific content in the community so would not be considered interactions (ex: Friendship request, private conversations).  That is the reason for the difference between Engagers and Interactors and why they both exist.

Children