REST API return results for specified time period

Hi,

I apologize if I have overlooked this in the documentation.

In Jive you could use the API to get a set of results within two timestamps, like...

(sorry for the strange formatting, without it Telligent keeps stripping out and condensing the URL when I publish)

https: // community. mysite. com/api/core/v3/activities ?before=2018-02-20T23:59:59.999Z &after=2017-02-20T23:59:59.999Z

...or before or after a single timestamp.

Is this possible with the Telligent API?

Because ideas created do not trigger a webhook, it seems (unfortunately), my goal is to run a script every X hours that lists ideas posted in the last X hours.

Thank you for any insights.

Parents
  • We do not currently have webhooks for Ideas.  I will file a bug/feature request to add them.

A couple of options:

• Webhooks are an extensibility point in our platform, you could create your own Idea webhooks.  IWebhookRegistar is the plugin type that is used to register them.  They are usually pretty simple and just attach to events that already exist in our API.  A webhook that is sent in response to the Idea CreateIdea event would be what is needed.  I don't think we have any IWebhookRegistrar examples available currently though.
    • Do as you are suggesting and periodically query the Ideas List REST endpoint.  It can be sorted by Date ideas were created so you can get the newest ideas.  You would just need to track what is new since you last checked.
  • We do not currently have webhooks for Ideas.  I will file a bug/feature request to add them.

A couple of options:

• Webhooks are an extensibility point in our platform, you could create your own Idea webhooks.  IWebhookRegistar is the plugin type that is used to register them.  They are usually pretty simple and just attach to events that already exist in our API.  A webhook that is sent in response to the Idea CreateIdea event would be what is needed.  I don't think we have any IWebhookRegistrar examples available currently though.
    • Do as you are suggesting and periodically query the Ideas List REST endpoint.  It can be sorted by Date ideas were created so you can get the newest ideas.  You would just need to track what is new since you last checked.
Children