Telligent 10 Velocity Template Language Version

What version of Velocity Template Language is Telligent 10 using?

Per the documentation I've been able to find on this (https://community.telligent.com/community/10/w/developer-training/53189/using-velocity-in-widgets) no version is specified.

Parents
  • I ran into an issue (developing (in a .vm file) a generally simple date function) that cost me nearly ...three hours... because I didn't initially find Telligent documentation for this particular issue and none of the typical/common resources for development issues for a language (e.g., StackOverflow, etc.) provided responses that worked as those resources were providing answers the actual* Velocity Template Language.

Per your response, which sheds very little light on what coding languages are apparently merged (Velocity (and no indication as to which version or non-Telligent derived supporting documentation), .NET, more...?)  into the current Telligent Widget Studio I believe its accurate to say that if we (developers that are new to Telligent/JAVA/Velocity/etc.) will need to rely solely on documentation provided under the `community.telligent.com` domain? Or are there other resources available?

For example per my research a lot of Velocity development is done using "Velocity Tools" and after working in Telligent now for the couple of weeks I haven't seen any mention of this apparently useful and common tool-set for Velocity's inclusion or exclusion in Telligent (I can ask that question in another thread) which is simply one example of a few time-consuming head-scratchers caused by not isolating languages to versions, not a rant and I'm not knocking your team in any way I am however looking for the best resources for accessing what seems to be common utility functions that aren't included in the Telligent Utility documentation page(s) and are somehow a cross between Velocity and .NET. Thanks Brian

• So one thing that should be clarified, we use a derivative of NVelocity, a .NET port of Velocity, so you can't really use Velocity documents as a basis anyway.

As for documentation, this an surrounding documentation is what we consider supported and functional in our widget studio:

community.telligent.com/.../using-velocity-in-widgets

Reply Children